This page is to help you know some of the Health issues with dogs
and problems what we have in this country as well as
important issues that you need to be aware of and some of the new laws
Docking of Rottweilers was banded in
England 6th April 2007
Wales 28th March 2007
Scotland 30th April 2007.
Docking of a dog now has a maximum penalty for each offence
six months in prison and a fine of ￡20,000
also receive a ban on keeping animals.
IN ENGLAND THE FOLLOWING CAN BE DOCKED -
1. Hunt, point or retrieve breeds of any type or combination of type
2. Spaniels of any type or combination of type
3. Terriers of any type or combination of type
IN WALES THE FOLLOWING CAN BE DOCKED -
1. Spaniels of the following breeds - English Springer Spaniel, Welsh Springer Spaniel & ****er Spaniel, but not combinations of breeds.
2. Terriers of the following breeds - Jack Russell Terrier, Cairn Terrier, Lakeland Terrier, Norfolk Terrier, but not combinations of breeds.
3. hunt point retreivers of the following breeds - Braque Italian, Brittany,German Long-haired Pointer, Hungarian Vizsla, Hungarian Wire-haired Vizsla, Italian Spinone, Spanish Water Dog, Weimaraner, Korthals Griffon, Slovakian Rough Hairwed Pointer, Large Munsterlander, Small Munsterlander.
Scotland has a total ban
A magistrates ruled that taking puppies abroad
with the intention of having the tails removed was an illegal act.